If you are an investor, entrepreneur, or self-employed individual who wants to live and work in Canada, the Business Immigration Program offers you a great opportunity. Each category has its set of requirements, in addition to an application that needs to be completed properly, or your immigration case may be delayed or even refused.
When there are many business details to plan, business immigrants need the services of an immigration law firm to handle the legal logistics that will satisfy Canadian immigration. At Niren & Associates, we have experienced licensed attorneys who can remove the burden of preparing a proper application, allowing you to focus on living in a new country and making some money.
“Thanks to Niren & Associates for the exceptional work in securing my Business Visa Pass for a recent and important trip to Toronto for a crucial Industry Show function which I needed to attend. Their thoroughness on the Documentation Package was extremely important in securing my entrance to the Canada.” – Dimitre V.
There are Three Business Immigration Visa Categories:
- Self Employed
Investor Immigration Program for Canada
To qualify as an Investor, an applicant destined for any province in Canada must:
- Have successfully operated, controlled or directed a business;
- Have accumulated through his or her own endeavours a net worth of at least CAD$1,600,000
- Invest CAD$800,000 for five years with the Department of Citizenship and Immigration Canada which acts as an agent on behalf of provincial and territorial investment funds. (Note: Your $800,000 can be financed so that you could invest, say, $200,000 of your own capital)
An Investor applicant destined for the Province of Quebec must:
- Have at least three years of managerial experience in a profitable commercial, industrial or agricultural business or, alternatively, have at least three years of managerial experience in a government, governmental organization, or international organization;
- Have accumulated a net worth of at least CAD$1,600,000 through legitimate economic activities; and
- Invest CAD$800,000 for five years in a Quebec-approved investment fund.
Entrepreneur Immigration Program
NOTE: This program is likely to be cancelled and is no longer a viable option for most applicants.
The Entrepreneur must also meet certain conditions in connection with his or her business in Canada. The Entrepreneur must:
- Establish, purchase or make a substantial investment in a business in Canada within 2 years of landing in Canada which will result in a significant contribution to the economy
- Engage in active and ongoing participation in the management of the business
- Employ at least one Canadian Citizen or Permanent resident other than the Entrepreneur and his dependents.
To ensure that these conditions are met, Entrepreneurs are required to report to immigration officials their progress, on a regular basis within this two year period.
Self-Employed Immigration Program
To qualify under the Self-Employed category, an applicant must demonstrate an intention and ability to establish or purchase a business in Canada that will keep him or her employed and make a “significant” contribution to the economy or the cultural or artistic life of Canada.
Applicants must demonstrate that the proposed business will generate sufficient revenues to support the applicant and his or her dependents. Farmers, artisans, sports personalities, actors, consultants, and operators of small business outlets that may be in demand are examples of applicants who may qualify.
Assessment in this category is based upon:
- Business ability and experience (when applying under the economic contribution component of the Self-Employed description);
- Artistic qualifications (when applying under the artistic/cultural component of the Self-Employed description); and
- Net worth (sufficient to establish/purchase the proposed business)
Note: Business immigrants must apply at one of nine Business Immigration Centres: Beijing, Bonn, Buffalo, Damascus, Hong Kong, London, Paris, Seoul and Singapore.
Our Chicago Immigration Attorneys Can Help Get You with Business Visas to Canada
When you have the qualifications for the Business Immigration Program, take advantage of the opportunity to live and work in Canada. Leave the legal details to the professionals. Niren & Associates has over 30 years combined experience assisting businesspeople to successfully immigrate to Canada, and we can represent you, too.