Denied entry to Canada, what are my options?

Being denied entry to Canada is a serious matter. Many people from all over the world, including from the United States, come to Canada every year and not all of them make it through the border. This is because Canada has a list of criteria you must meet to enter the country, and if you don’t meet it, you won’t be allowed in. refused entry to Canada

One of the main reasons someone would be denied entry to Canada is that they have a criminal record. Any kind of criminal record can result in a denial of entry, even if you’ve been allowed into Canada previously. However, there are some things that you can do if you have been or are worried you could be denied entry to Canada.

What to do when you’re denied entry to Canada

The first thing you should do if you are denied entry to Canada or you fear you could be denied entry to Canada is to speak with a licensed immigration lawyer. A licensed immigration lawyer can help you explore your options, which include:

Temporary Resident Permit: This is a special document that will allow you to temporarily overcome your criminal inadmissibility to Canada. It will be good for a set period of time, and after that time is up you will need another one if you wish to enter Canada.

Criminal Rehabilitation: This is a process that will permanently remove your inadmissibility to Canada, but it takes several months.

A Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) can be a viable option if your criminal record is less than five years old, while criminal rehabilitation could work for someone who has a much older criminal record.

If you have been denied entry to Canada or you want to visit Canada but you have a criminal record, please contact our immigration law firm as soon as possible. We can help you!