Have You Been Denied Entry into Canada? We Can Help

If you have a criminal record or certain medical problems, it is possible that you will be denied entry into Canada.  However, in the event that you are denied entry to Canada, there is still a possibility that you could be admitted to the country.

Our immigration attorneys at Niren & Associates have over 30 combined years experience in assisting individuals who are denied entry into Canada.  We look at each unique case and determine if you are legally eligible to overcome the refusal.

Contact our Chicago, IL immigration office and and our lawyers will discuss your options following a denied entry to Canada

“I would like to thank you for all your team’s hard working regarding my TRP application. Finally it got approved. I am very happy about your service, especially the follow ups you have done in my case, which has provided me updated information regarding my application status at the visa office.” – Tim K.

The Possibilities of Overcoming Your Denied Entry to Canada

When it comes to admitting individuals with a criminal past into the country, Canadian immigration policy is very strict.  Minor criminal offenses, or criminal acts that occurred many years ago, will still affect the decision to admit an individual.  Fortunately, there are two options for overcoming a refusal of entry.

Temporary Resident Permit

The Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) is issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada allowing someone who has been deemed inadmissible due to a criminal record or a medical condition to enter Canada.

Criminal Rehabilitation

In certain cases, if your conviction occurred 5 years ago or longer, you may be eligible to make an application for Criminal Rehabilitation to enter Canada. A Criminal Rehabilitation application, if approved, will wipe out your criminal inadmissibility that prevents you from entering Canada.

How to Apply for a TRP or Criminal Rehabilitation 

With both options, citizens of the US or other visa exempt countries can apply for the TRP or Criminal Rehabilitation when at the Canada/US Border or Port of Entry, such as a land border or airport.  If approved, the TRP or Criminal Rehabilitation status will be granted right away at the border.  Otherwise, you can submit applications to a Canadian Consulate or Canadian Embassy.

When Denied Entry to Canada, Turn To Our Chicago Immigration Law Firm for Help

We understand that being refused entry to Canada can be extremely frustrating, as well as humiliating, so we do our best to help overturn your status and get you admitted.  We have tremendous success assisting individuals to get Criminal Rehabilitation and Temporary Resident Permits.  Having us on your side will save you the headache of fixing the legal problem alone.

There are risks involved in applying for Temporary Resident Permits, such as:

  • refusal at the border or airport means you’ll be turned away
  • long waiting times for applications submitted to a Canadian consulate
“I can truthfully say that Niren & Associates has delivered on everything that they said they would do to regarding my TRP and Criminal Rehabilitation Application.  To say the least, this has been a difficult process to go through, but having such an amazing team working on my several applications throughout these years is really refreshing to see.” – Douglas E. S.